Lynyrd Skynyrd-themed eatery to open in Las Vegas
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - In the never-ending search for licensing opportunities to exploit, iconic southern rockers Lynyrd Skynyrd will serve as the theme of a new restaurant set to open this fall at the Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas.
A full menu for Lynyrd Skynyrd BBQ & Beer has yet to revealed, but count on a generous helping of daily requests for "Freebird."
The eatery's philosophy, according to a statement, "will quite simply be to rock the house. As guests walk in they will immediately be transported to a setting reminiscent of Hell House, the ram-shackled structure in the backwoods of Jacksonville (Fla.) where the Skynyrd sound originated."
Says Craig Gilbert, one of two partners in Vegas-based Drive This! Entertainment, which came up with the concept: "Lynyrd Skynyrd BBQ & Beer will embrace the band's unique spirit and the lifestyle it so proudly defined."
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor