Lynyrd Skynyrd-themed eatery to open in Las Vegas
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - In the never-ending search for licensing opportunities to exploit, iconic southern rockers Lynyrd Skynyrd will serve as the theme of a new restaurant set to open this fall at the Excalibur Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas.
A full menu for Lynyrd Skynyrd BBQ & Beer has yet to revealed, but count on a generous helping of daily requests for "Freebird."
The eatery's philosophy, according to a statement, "will quite simply be to rock the house. As guests walk in they will immediately be transported to a setting reminiscent of Hell House, the ram-shackled structure in the backwoods of Jacksonville (Fla.) where the Skynyrd sound originated."
Says Craig Gilbert, one of two partners in Vegas-based Drive This! Entertainment, which came up with the concept: "Lynyrd Skynyrd BBQ & Beer will embrace the band's unique spirit and the lifestyle it so proudly defined."
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- Obama girls get dating advice from their watchful dad
- Accused Colorado theater gunman competent to stand trial, evaluators say
- Seattle students protest gay Catholic school teacher's resignation
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets