Belarus' individual bank deposits fall in May
MINSK, June 15
MINSK, June 15 (Reuters) - Individual deposits in Belarussian banks fell in May, central bank data showed on Wednesday.
Rouble deposits fell to 9.2 trillion roubles -- $1.8 billion at current exchange rates -- as of June 1 from 10.1 trillion roubles on May 1. Foreign currency deposits shrank to $3.7 billion from $4.2 billion.
Belarus devalued its rouble by 36 percent on May 24 in an attempt to plug a large current account deficit that has drained a quarter of its foreign currency reserves this year.
($1 = 4,978 Belarussian roubles)
(Reporting by Andrei Makhovsky; Writing by Olzhas Auyezov; Editing by John Stonestreet)
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |