Mazda recalls 494,500 Mazda3/Axela cars globally
TOKYO, June 15
TOKYO, June 15 (Reuters) - Mazda Motor Corp said on Wednesday it would recall about 494,500 Mazda3/Axela compact cars globally to fix a glitch in an electronic part that could prevent the windshield wipers from working.
No accident was reported from the defect, a Mazda spokeswoman said. The recall covers cars and knock-down parts for the Mazda3 shipped between January 2008 and July 2010. The Japanese automaker declined to disclose a cost estimate for the recall.
- Malaysia plane search straddles continent as police focus on crew |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Crimea asks to join Russia after Soviet-style vote |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Stocks near one-month low as western sanctions on Russia loom |