Honda gets 7,000 orders for Fit Shuttle in Japan
TOKYO, June 16
TOKYO, June 16 (Reuters) - Honda Motor Co said it received 7,000 orders for the Fit Shuttle ahead of the start of sales on Thursday in Japan.
That compares with a monthly sales target of 4,000 units for the model.
The new Fit Shuttle, a station wagon version of the popular Fit hatchback, will be available as a hybrid as well as a gasoline-only model. The model will compete with Toyota Motor Corp's Prius Alpha, which went on sale in mid-May and has won 52,000 orders so far, or 17 times the model's monthly sales target.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image