U.S. Senate backs funding for ethanol blender pumps
WASHINGTON, June 16
WASHINGTON, June 16 (Reuters) - The U.S. Senate voted 59-41 on Thursday against a proposal that would have blocked federal funds to help pay for ethanol blender pumps and storage tanks at gasoline stations.
The Senate vote comes after the House of Representatives voted earlier in the day to prohibit the Agriculture Department from underwriting ethanol blender pumps and storage facilities.
(Reporting by Tom Doggett)
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- UPDATE 2-China bars banks from bitcoin transactions
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- Ford launches new global Mustang to buoy brand, boost margins