U.S. Senate backs funding for ethanol blender pumps
WASHINGTON, June 16
WASHINGTON, June 16 (Reuters) - The U.S. Senate voted 59-41 on Thursday against a proposal that would have blocked federal funds to help pay for ethanol blender pumps and storage tanks at gasoline stations.
The Senate vote comes after the House of Representatives voted earlier in the day to prohibit the Agriculture Department from underwriting ethanol blender pumps and storage facilities.
(Reporting by Tom Doggett)
- Malaysia Airlines denies crash report, says plane still missing |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media