Cycling-Saxo Bank extends team sponsorship into 2012
COPENHAGEN, June 21
COPENHAGEN, June 21 (Reuters) - Denmark-based investment bank Saxo Bank has extended its lead sponsorship of the cycling team that three-times Tour de France champion Alberto Contador rides for into 2012, it said on Tuesday.
The bank will continue its sponsorship with technology group SunGard of the Saxo Bank-SunGard team, managed by 1996 Tour de France champion Bjarne Riis.
"We have a genuine desire to support Bjarne and provide the team with the necessary resources it takes to stay on top," Saxo Bank's founders and chief executives Kim Fournais and Lars Christensen said in a statement.
Earlier this month, Contador confirmed he would ride in next month's Tour de France, ending speculation the Spaniard might skip the event. (Reporting by Mette Fraende; Editing by Sonia Oxley; To query or comment on this story email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Please double-click on the newslink:
for more cycling stories
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |