Syria formin sees signs Qaeda behind some Syria violence
BEIRUT, June 22
BEIRUT, June 22 (Reuters) - Syria's Foreign Minister Walid al-Moualem said on Wednesday that the killings of some security personnel indicates that militant group al Qaeda might be behind some of the violence in the country.
"I cannot hide the fact that some of the practices that we have seen in the killings of security personnel gives an indication that these acts were carried out by al Qaeda," he told reporters in Damascus. (Editing by Louise Ireland)
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- NSA gathers data on cellphone locations globally: report
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Dementia epidemic looms with 135 million sufferers seen by 2050
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'