RPT-China Mobile to offer iPhones from September -report
(Repeats to fix formatting)
SHANGHAI, June 24 (Reuters) - China Mobile Ltd , China's largest mobile carrier, is expected to offer Apple Inc's popular iPhone on its network from September, a local newspaper reported on Friday.
"A new iPhone with China Mobile's network will debut and the cooperation will be announced in September," the Shanghai Daily quoted Liu Yang, the firm's marketing official, as saying on his microblog.
The paper said the iPhone will likely be offered on a 4G service.
China Mobile officials could not be immediately reached for comment.
Rival China Unicom is the only operator in China, which has 886 million mobile phone users, to offer the iPhone so far.
Shares in China Mobile were up 3.4 percent in morning trade, outperforming a 1.3 percent rise in the broader Hang Seng index . (Reporting by Kazunori Takada; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Cortege departs to take Mandela's body to lie in state |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- UPDATE 2-U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Thai 'red shirts' prepare rally to back PM against protesters