RPT-Euro jumps vs dollar after strong Ifo
(Repeats to cover additional alert)
LONDON Jun 24 (Reuters) - The euro jumped broadly on Friday after a strong-than-expected reading of German business sentiment added to the view the German economy is continuing to improve, even as weaker peripihery economies struggle. The euro rose around 30 pips to $1.4239, but still traded 0.2 percent lower on the day. It edged up around 20 pips against sterling to a session high of 89.25 pence , trimming earlier losses to trade flat on the day. (Reporting by London Forex Team)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image