Syria Friday death toll rise to 15 protesters
Jun 24 (Reuters) - AMMAN, June 24 (Reuters) - Syrian security forces shot dead 15 protesters on Friday when they used live ammunition in several cities to disperse protests demanding the ouster of President Bashar al-Assad, activists and residents said.
The Local Coordination Committees, a main activists' group, said it had the names of 14 civilians killed in the merchant city of Homs, the impoverished town of Kiswa south of Damascus and in the residential district of Barzeh in the capital.
The Syrian Observatory for Human rights said one protester was also killed in the town of Qusair west of Homs on the border with Lebanon.
(Reporting by Khaled Yacoub Oweis; editing by Ralph Boulton)
(Created by Ralph Boulton)
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing, presumed crashed in South China Sea |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media