"Burn Notice" graphic novel gets over 100,000 views
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Cable network USA and DC Comics debuted Chapter 1 of its "Burn Notice" interactive graphic novel, "A New Day," alongside the show's Season 5 premiere on Thursday. To date, "A New Day" has scored more than 100,000 page views, according to the network.
Written by the creative team behind the series, the digital graphic novel takes on the series' time jump and how Michael Westen's (Jeffrey Donovan) list of 31 people responsible for burning him was reduced to two in Season 5.
Eleven more chapters will be released weekly during the season featuring illustrations from DC Comics, original video, interactive features, and gaming content.
"Working with innovative partners, we've created a dynamic and fun interactive comic book that gives our fans a level of engagement that they've never had before," said USA's VP of Digital Jesse Redniss. "We are pushing the technology boundaries to enhance the user experience beyond the one-hour telecast and expanding the story arc into new arenas."
The interactive graphic novel series is available at usanetwork.com, Facebook, on compatible Apple devices, and as an Android App on select devices.
(Editing by Zorianna Kit)
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Japan shares soar, yen skids after BOJ stuns with new easing steps
- Suspect in Pennsylvania police ambush captured after seven-week manhunt
- Oil price declines have small-cap shale investors scrambling
- China says nets 180 graft suspects in overseas manhunt