Colombia's Exito weighs Uruguay retail chain buy
BOGOTA, June 29
BOGOTA, June 29 (Reuters) - Colombian No. 1 retail chain, Almacenes Exito IMI.CN, said on Wednesday its board was considering the purchase of a Uruguayan supermarket chain majority owned by France's Casino (CASP.PA).
In a letter to Colombia's securities regulator, it said it was also weighing issuing up to $1.4 billion in shares to fund its expansion plan, including international acquisitions.
To evaluate the contemplated acquisition, Exito said that it was being advised by J.P. Morgan Securities and Barclays Capital. (Reporting by Bogota newsroom) (email@example.com)
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Wildfire rips through 150 homes in Northern California
- Fed could hint on rate-hike plans as it prepares for policy turn