Colombia's Exito weighs Uruguay retail chain buy
BOGOTA, June 29
BOGOTA, June 29 (Reuters) - Colombian No. 1 retail chain, Almacenes Exito IMI.CN, said on Wednesday its board was considering the purchase of a Uruguayan supermarket chain majority owned by France's Casino (CASP.PA).
In a letter to Colombia's securities regulator, it said it was also weighing issuing up to $1.4 billion in shares to fund its expansion plan, including international acquisitions.
To evaluate the contemplated acquisition, Exito said that it was being advised by J.P. Morgan Securities and Barclays Capital. (Reporting by Bogota newsroom) (email@example.com)
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |