Greek socialist MP expelled for voting against austerity
ATHENS, June 29
ATHENS, June 29 (Reuters) - Rebel socialist lawmaker Panagiotis Kouroublis was expelled from his party on Wednesday for voting against a five-year austerity plan, reducing the government's majority to 154 in the 300-seat assembly. (Reporting by Harry Papachristou; Writing by Ingrid Melander)
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East