RPT-HSBC to cut 700 UK retail banking jobs -sources
(Removes extraneous figure from headline)
LONDON, June 30 (Reuters) - HSBC Holdings is to cut about 700 jobs in its UK retail banking arm, people familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
The job cuts will include about 460 advisory positions across its UK branches, one of the sources said. The move comes prior to the implementation of the Retail Distribution Review rules, expected in January 2013, that will affect how UK banks offer advice.
HSBC declined to comment. The bank employs 55,000 staff in the UK.
Rival Lloyds said on Thursday it is cutting 15,000 jobs. (Reporting by Steve Slater; Editing by Mike Nesbit)
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Malaysian jetliner may have turned back before vanishing |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea despite U.S. warning |