European stock index futures rise, data in focus
LONDON, July 1
LONDON, July 1 (Reuters) - European stock index futures pointed to a stronger open for equities on Friday, after shares hit a near-one month high a day earlier, with focus likely to be on manufacturing data from both sides of the Atlantic for clues on the health of the economy.
By 0608 GMT, futures for the Euro STOXX 50 STXEc1, for Germany's DAX FDXc1 and for France's CAC FCEc1 were up 0.1 to 0.2 percent.
The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index closed 1.1 percent higher at 1,110.97 points on Thursday, its highest close since June 3 after Greece's parliament passed a final vote on austerity measures.
(Reporting by Harpreet Bhal)
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- CIA accused of spying on U.S. Senate intelligence committee