European stock index futures rise, data in focus
LONDON, July 1
LONDON, July 1 (Reuters) - European stock index futures pointed to a stronger open for equities on Friday, after shares hit a near-one month high a day earlier, with focus likely to be on manufacturing data from both sides of the Atlantic for clues on the health of the economy.
By 0608 GMT, futures for the Euro STOXX 50 STXEc1, for Germany's DAX FDXc1 and for France's CAC FCEc1 were up 0.1 to 0.2 percent.
The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index closed 1.1 percent higher at 1,110.97 points on Thursday, its highest close since June 3 after Greece's parliament passed a final vote on austerity measures.
(Reporting by Harpreet Bhal)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Signer says suffered schizophrenic episode at Mandela memorial |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA