Carlyle sells Indian publishing co stake to pvt equity consortium
HONG KONG, July 4
HONG KONG, July 4 (Reuters) - Carlyle Group said on Monday it has sold its majority stake in Indian publishing services company Newgen Knowledge Works Pvt Ltd for an undisclosed amount to a consortium of private equity and venture capital firms.
Carlyle said it sold the stake, held since 2004 in Chennai-based Newgen, to private equity funds Franklin Templeton Private Equity Strategy and Aureos South Asia Fund, and venture and growth capital fund ePlanet Capital. (Reporting by Stephen Aldred; Editing by Jacqueline Wong)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- French jets strike in Iraq, expanding U.S.-led campaign against Islamic State |
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, devolution battle begins |
- N.Korea says imprisoned American tried to become 'second Snowden'