Huawei sees smartphone shipments at 20 mln units this year
BEIJING, July 6
BEIJING, July 6 (Reuters) - Huawei Technologies Co Ltd , the world's No.2 network equipment maker, aims to ship 20 million smartphones this year, a senior executive said on Wednesday, higher than an earlier target, as it makes an aggressive push into the consumer devices sector.
Victor Xu, chief strategy and marketing officer of Huawei, told reporters on the sidelines of a company event that the company also aimed to ship 170 million units of cellphones and other products. It was not immediately clear what other products he was referring to.
Earlier this year, Xu had said that the Shenzhen-based firm aimed to ship 12 million-15 million smartphones this year. (Reporting by Xu Wan; Editing by Jonathan Hopfner)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter