IMF's Lagarde says global economy 'on the rebound'
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - International Monetary Fund Managing Director Christine Lagarde said on Wednesday the global economy was rebounding from the financial crisis but recovery remains unbalanced.
"When we look at our growth forecasts for 2011, 2012, we are clearly on the rebound and things are improving and are getting better when compared with the situation as it was in 2009 at the height of the crisis," she said at her first press conference as the new IMF chief.
But she said growth remains "unbalanced" with emerging-market economies growing much faster than those of developed countries.
- Search planes scour sea for missing Malaysian jetliner |
- Timeline: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |