Tax reform on the table in debt talks: Boehner
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Comprehensive tax reform that would close breaks and lower rates for businesses and individuals is under discussion in budget talks, House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner said on Thursday.
"We believe that comprehensive tax reform, both on the corporate side and the personal side, will make America more competitive, help create jobs in our country, and is something that is under discussion," Boehner told a news conference.
- Gaza fighting abates as diplomatic tension flares |
- Hague court orders Russia to pay $50 billion in Yukos case
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine
- Europe subdued, Russia shares tumble on new sanctions
- Fighting complicates Ukraine crash probe, U.S., EU prepare Russia sanctions |