Tax reform on the table in debt talks: Boehner
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Comprehensive tax reform that would close breaks and lower rates for businesses and individuals is under discussion in budget talks, House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner said on Thursday.
"We believe that comprehensive tax reform, both on the corporate side and the personal side, will make America more competitive, help create jobs in our country, and is something that is under discussion," Boehner told a news conference.
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- U.N. says 43 Golan peacekeepers seized by Syria militants, 81 trapped