Cantor says hopes both sides can come together on debt
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - House of Representatives Republican leader Eric Cantor said on Thursday he believed "both sides can come together" to reduce the debt.
Cantor was speaking as congressional leaders prepared for a White House meeting with President Barack Obama later on Thursday.
"It is about finding areas where we can agree and set aside the differences and hopefully that will be the spirit of the meeting today at the White House," he said on CBS.
(Washington World Desk)
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- CIA accused of spying on U.S. Senate intelligence committee