Cantor says hopes both sides can come together on debt
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - House of Representatives Republican leader Eric Cantor said on Thursday he believed "both sides can come together" to reduce the debt.
Cantor was speaking as congressional leaders prepared for a White House meeting with President Barack Obama later on Thursday.
"It is about finding areas where we can agree and set aside the differences and hopefully that will be the spirit of the meeting today at the White House," he said on CBS.
(Washington World Desk)
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- Ukraine separatists stay put despite diplomatic deal |
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official
- Retailer Michaels Stores confirms payment card data breach