STOCKS NEWS EUROPE-Swissmetal slumps on liquidity issues
Shares in specialty metals group Swissmetal (SMET.S) tumble 26.3 percent as investors fret about whether it could soon run out of cash to fund operations.
The group, which focuses on specialty products made of copper and copper alloys, has failed to reach an agreement with its creditors and is in talks with unions about possibly cutting 290 jobs, nearly half of its workforce.
"The company has its back to the wall," one trader says. "The investors want out," he says.
British activist hedge fund Laxey Partners holds nearly a third of the group.
Reuters messaging rm://email@example.com
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- UPDATE 1-U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $344 million, fourth biggest in its history
- Ukrainian riot police clash with protesters in Kiev square