Renault says stops advertising in News Intl publications
LONDON, July 8 |
LONDON, July 8 (Reuters) - French carmaker Renault has decided to stop advertising in all News International publications until further notice due to phone hacking allegations at the News of the World paper.
"Renault acknowledges the concerns raised regarding the allegations of phone hacking by the News of the World," the company said in a statement on Friday.
"As a result of the seriousness of the allegations, we can confirm that Renault has reviewed its media advertising plans. We have decided to cease advertising in News International publications until further notice," it added.
Renault had previously just stopped advertising at the News of the World title, but a Renault spokesman said the latest decision would also apply to other titles such as The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. (Reporting by Sudip Kar-Gupta; Editing by Myles Neligan)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this