Google chairman to testify at Senate hearing
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Google Inc Chairman Eric Schmidt will testify at a September hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee's Antitrust Subcommittee, Senator Mike Lee said on Friday.
"I look forward to discussing a number of important issues relating to Google and Internet search competition," Lee said.
Google is in the midst of an antitrust probe by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission over complaints that its search results favor the company's other services, among other issues.
(Reporting by Jasmin Melvin; editing by Carol Bishopric)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Two arrested in death of Saudi student in California: report
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- IBM to pay Globalfoundries $1.5 bln to take chip unit off its hands -WSJ
- Former 'American Idol' contestant Joanne Borgella dies at 32