UPDATE 1-Dean Foods to settle Tennessee farmer lawsuit
July 12 (Reuters) - Dean Foods Co (DF.N) has agreed to settle a class action lawsuit brought by dairy farmers in Southeastern states for $140 million.
The U.S. dairy company will pay the amount over 4 to 5 years into a fund that will be distributed to the dairy farmers.
It will make an initial payment of $60 million upon preliminary approval by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee and subsequent payments of $20 million in each of the following four years.
Dean Foods expects to take a charge in the second quarter on the settlement, but does not expect it to materially impact results. (Reporting by A. Ananthalakshmi in Bangalore; editing by Andre Grenon) (firstname.lastname@example.org; within US +1 646 223 8780; outside U.S +91 80 4135 5800; Reuters Messaging: email@example.com)
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade