UPDATE 1-Dean Foods to settle Tennessee farmer lawsuit
July 12 (Reuters) - Dean Foods Co (DF.N) has agreed to settle a class action lawsuit brought by dairy farmers in Southeastern states for $140 million.
The U.S. dairy company will pay the amount over 4 to 5 years into a fund that will be distributed to the dairy farmers.
It will make an initial payment of $60 million upon preliminary approval by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee and subsequent payments of $20 million in each of the following four years.
Dean Foods expects to take a charge in the second quarter on the settlement, but does not expect it to materially impact results. (Reporting by A. Ananthalakshmi in Bangalore; editing by Andre Grenon) (firstname.lastname@example.org; within US +1 646 223 8780; outside U.S +91 80 4135 5800; Reuters Messaging: email@example.com)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study