"Curb Your Enthusiasm" premiere hits seven year high
LOS ANGELES (TheWrap) - The ratings for the Season 8 premiere of HBO's "Curb Your Enthusiasm" were pretty, pretty, pretty good.
The cable outlet announced on Tuesday that Sunday's premiere was the most-watched episode of the series since March 2004, with a gross audience of 2.1 million viewers between two airings.
The 10 p.m. airing of the premiere drew 1.7 million total viewers, a 53 percent boost over last season's premiere, while 394,000 more viewers tuned in for the midnight re-broadcast.
That's a whole lot of fans of curmudgeonly awkwardness.
Meanwhile, HBO's vampire series "True Blood" -- which began its fourth season on June 28 -- nearly matched the season premiere numbers, sucking up a combined 6.1 million total viewers. Its 9 p.m. airing drew received 5 million total viewers, and its 11 p.m. re-airing picked up an additional 1.1 million pairs of eyes.
The Season 4 debut, by comparison, attracted a combined 6.4 million total viewers -- a 6 percent increase over the previous season's premiere.
- Islamic State video claims to show beheading of U.S. journalist |
- Four beheaded corpses found in Egypt's Sinai: security sources
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |
- U.S. attorney general heads for racially charged St. Louis suburb
- 'No' from one Iraq villager triggered Islamic State mass killings |