Gaddafi forces retake village south of Tripoli
ZINTAN, Libya, July 13
ZINTAN, Libya, July 13 (Reuters) - Forces loyal to Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi retook on Wednesday the village of Al-Qawalish, south of the capital, which was captured by rebels a week ago, rebel fighters said.
A rebel driving an armoured pick-up truck who was refuelling in the nearby town of Zintan said Gaddafi's forces had swept through Al-Qawalish from the east and now controlled as far as the checkpoint on the western edge of the village.
- Malaysia jet sent 'pings' after going missing, sources say |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- New York City gas explosion subject of federal probe |
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |