Gaddafi forces retake village south of Tripoli
ZINTAN, Libya, July 13
ZINTAN, Libya, July 13 (Reuters) - Forces loyal to Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi retook on Wednesday the village of Al-Qawalish, south of the capital, which was captured by rebels a week ago, rebel fighters said.
A rebel driving an armoured pick-up truck who was refuelling in the nearby town of Zintan said Gaddafi's forces had swept through Al-Qawalish from the east and now controlled as far as the checkpoint on the western edge of the village.
- Six people injured when camera catches fire at 30 Rockefeller Plaza
- Israel holds off on escalating Gaza barrage; West wants truce |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |
- 'Excessive' rubbing of engine blades caused F-35 failure: Pentagon
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources