- French soldier stabbed while on patrol near Paris
- REPEAT-Will immigration reform get killed in Republican-led U.S. House?
- Planetary alignment peaks with celestial show this weekend
- Two believed dead as heavy rains flood San Antonio streets |
- Two freight trains collide in Missouri, bringing down overpass
Obama, Cantor clash on short-term US debt deal -aide
WASHINGTON, July 13 |
WASHINGTON, July 13 (Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama and House of Representatives Republican Leader Eric Cantor clashed at a White House meeting on Wednesday over whether they should pursue a short-term debt limit increase, a senior Democratic aide said.
At the meeting, Cantor repeatedly called for a short-term deal that would avert an imminent default, the aide said. Obama "pushed back very hard" and said he would veto that plan, the aide said.
(Reporting by Andy Sullivan; editing by Will Dunham)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this