Geithner: Time "running out" to get debt deal
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner went to the U.S. Capitol on Thursday with a warning: time is running out to craft a bipartisan deal to raise the U.S. debt limit before an August 2 deadline.
"We are running out of time," Geithner told reporters after a closed-door meeting with President Barack Obama's fellow Democrats in the Senate. Geithner said Democrats are united to make sure that the United States pays its bills.
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media