Geithner: Time "running out" to get debt deal
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner went to the U.S. Capitol on Thursday with a warning: time is running out to craft a bipartisan deal to raise the U.S. debt limit before an August 2 deadline.
"We are running out of time," Geithner told reporters after a closed-door meeting with President Barack Obama's fellow Democrats in the Senate. Geithner said Democrats are united to make sure that the United States pays its bills.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |