British police arrest former Murdoch aide Rebekah Brooks: report
LONDON (Reuters) - Police have arrested Rebekah Brooks, the former chief executive of News Corp's British newspaper arm News International, Sky News reported on Sunday.
British police confirmed they had arrested a 43-year-old woman over phone hacking allegations, but did not give a name.
Brooks, 43, resigned over phone hacking allegations at News International's News of the World newspaper, of which she was once editor.
(Reporting by Mohammed Abbas)
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |
- Argentina defaults but investors see eventual deal possible
- Obama to Republicans: ‘Stop just hatin’ all the time’