British police arrest former Murdoch aide Rebekah Brooks: report
LONDON (Reuters) - Police have arrested Rebekah Brooks, the former chief executive of News Corp's British newspaper arm News International, Sky News reported on Sunday.
British police confirmed they had arrested a 43-year-old woman over phone hacking allegations, but did not give a name.
Brooks, 43, resigned over phone hacking allegations at News International's News of the World newspaper, of which she was once editor.
(Reporting by Mohammed Abbas)
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of U.S. journalist |
- Police move against protesters as calm dissolves in Ferguson, Missouri
- 'No' from one Iraq villager triggered Islamic State mass killings |
- Islamic State says beheads U.S. journalist, holds another
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |