British police arrest former Murdoch aide Rebekah Brooks: report
LONDON (Reuters) - Police have arrested Rebekah Brooks, the former chief executive of News Corp's British newspaper arm News International, Sky News reported on Sunday.
British police confirmed they had arrested a 43-year-old woman over phone hacking allegations, but did not give a name.
Brooks, 43, resigned over phone hacking allegations at News International's News of the World newspaper, of which she was once editor.
(Reporting by Mohammed Abbas)
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, people leave early
- Turkey to let Iraqi Kurds reinforce Kobani as U.S. drops arms to defenders |
- Obama makes rare campaign trail appearance, some leave early
- Nigeria declared Ebola-free, holds lessons for others |
- U.S. stocks end higher despite drag from IBM