British police arrest former Murdoch aide Rebekah Brooks: report
LONDON (Reuters) - Police have arrested Rebekah Brooks, the former chief executive of News Corp's British newspaper arm News International, Sky News reported on Sunday.
British police confirmed they had arrested a 43-year-old woman over phone hacking allegations, but did not give a name.
Brooks, 43, resigned over phone hacking allegations at News International's News of the World newspaper, of which she was once editor.
(Reporting by Mohammed Abbas)
- Up to 18 exposed to U.S. Ebola patient, including children |
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border |
- Israel's Netanyahu tells Obama that Iran can't be allowed to reach nuclear arms 'threshold'
- Hong Kong leader plays waiting game, protesters demand he resigns |