Antonio "L.A." Reid officially head of Epic Records
NEW YORK (TheWrap) - Antonio "L.A." Reid was officially named head of Epic Records on Monday, a long-expected move that TheWrap confirmed in June.
Reid -- who will do double duty as a judge on Simon Cowell's singing competition show "The X Factor" in the fall -- will carry the title of chairman-CEO, a fitting role for the man who headed Island Def Jam from 2004 to 2011.
The move has been seen as inevitable since March, when Reid fled his chairman position at IDJ.
Epic Records, which has first dibs on "X Factor" performers, is a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment. The label is expected to merge with Jive Records, which Reid will also oversee.
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |