Greek finmin plans talks with U.S., IMF's Lagarde
ATHENS, July 20
ATHENS, July 20 (Reuters) - Greece's Finance Minister Evangelos Venizelos will head to Washington on Sunday for talks with International Monetary Fund chief Christine Lagarde and U.S. government officials, his ministry said on Wednesday.
On Tuesday the IMF warned that Europe's debt crisis could have a major global impact if it is not tackled quickly, urging euro zone leaders to boost the region's rescue fund and recapitalise its banks.
Leaders of the 17-nation currency bloc will gather in Brussels on Thursday in a bid to draw a line under Greece's spiralling debt crisis.
The ministry said Venizelos would meet with Lagarde on Monday.
(Reporting by George Georgiopoulos; editing by Patrick Graham)
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Search widened as Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack |
- Confrontation in Ukraine as diplomacy stalls |
- Exclusive: Chinese raw materials also found on U.S. B-1 bomber, F-16 jets
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions