Instant view: Microsoft beats Street view, shares climb
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp results beat forecasts as business demand for its Office software held up well.
COLIN GILLIS, ANALYST, BGC FINANCIAL
"It's an excellent end to a record year for the company. This is a year full of all kinds of records, with Windows 7 being the best-selling windows ever and the Kinect being the fastest-selling consumer electronics device.
"What you're really seeing is excellent cost controls. These are great results given a slower PC environment and it highlights how the company has multiple revenue streams. The $17 billion unearned revenue, which is a forward indicator of business, shows they signed a lot of deals this quarter."
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Autopsy of slain Missouri teen shows close-range gunshot