Medco, Express Scripts face termination fees
* No termination fee if deal is blocked by regulators
* Fees total up to $225 mln under certain circumstances
PHILADELPHIA, July 22 (Reuters) - Medco Health Solutions Inc MHS.N and Express Scripts Inc's (ESRX.O) $29.1 billion merger carries termination fees and expenses of up to $225 million if one of the companies fails to make its best effort to get the deal closed.
No termination fees would be required if the U.S. government blocks the combination of the two pharmacy benefit managers, the companies said.
According to a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, the deal can be terminated if it fails to close by April 20, 2012. The deadline can be extended up until Oct. 22, 2012, the filing said. (Reporting by Jessica Hall; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn) (For more M&A news and our DealZone blog, go to here)
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source