Apple joins Hulu bid talks: report
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Apple Inc is in early talks to join the bidding for Hulu, the online video site that Walt Disney Co, News Corp and its other owners have put up for sale, Bloomberg cited two unidentified sources as saying.
Apple has begun preliminary discussions that may eventually lead to an acquisition, Bloomberg reported without elaborating.
An Apple spokesman declined to comment.
Hulu's owners, which also include Comcast Corp's NBC Universal and Providence Equity Partners, have begun preliminary sale talks with about a dozen potential buyers, including Google Inc and Microsoft Corp a source familiar with the situation said this month.
The video site is expected to have 1 million paid subscribers by the end of summer, earlier than previously forecast.
(Reporting by Edwin Chan; Editing by Gary Hill and Carol Bishopric)
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target probe looks overseas, stolen cards offered online
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
China landed an unmanned spacecraft on the moon, joining the United States and the former Soviet Union in the first such "soft-landing" since 1976. Slideshow