Libya says six killed in airstrike near Brega
TRIPOLI (Reuters) - A Libyan official said six guards were killed in an airstrike on Friday on a pipeline production plant just south of Brega in eastern Libya.
"This will be a major setback to future projects and a great problem to the maintenance activity," Abdul Hakim el-Shwehdi, managing director of Libya's state al-Nahr company which runs the country's giant irrigation project, told reporters in Tripoli.
(Reporting by Missy Ryan; Writing by Giles Elgoodl editing by Tim Pearce)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- Oklahoma City policeman arrested for raping women while on patrol
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- Exclusive: Apple iPhone 6 screen snag leaves supply chain scrambling |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |