Libya says six killed in airstrike near Brega
TRIPOLI (Reuters) - A Libyan official said six guards were killed in an airstrike on Friday on a pipeline production plant just south of Brega in eastern Libya.
"This will be a major setback to future projects and a great problem to the maintenance activity," Abdul Hakim el-Shwehdi, managing director of Libya's state al-Nahr company which runs the country's giant irrigation project, told reporters in Tripoli.
(Reporting by Missy Ryan; Writing by Giles Elgoodl editing by Tim Pearce)
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Stocks head for worst quarter since euro crisis, dollar soars
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq
- U.S. strikes help Iraq Kurds, army advances against Islamic State |