Libya says six killed in airstrike near Brega
TRIPOLI (Reuters) - A Libyan official said six guards were killed in an airstrike on Friday on a pipeline production plant just south of Brega in eastern Libya.
"This will be a major setback to future projects and a great problem to the maintenance activity," Abdul Hakim el-Shwehdi, managing director of Libya's state al-Nahr company which runs the country's giant irrigation project, told reporters in Tripoli.
(Reporting by Missy Ryan; Writing by Giles Elgoodl editing by Tim Pearce)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
Time magazine named Pope Francis as its Person of the Year, crediting him with shifting the message of the Catholic Church. Slideshow