Libya says six killed in airstrike near Brega
TRIPOLI (Reuters) - A Libyan official said six guards were killed in an airstrike on Friday on a pipeline production plant just south of Brega in eastern Libya.
"This will be a major setback to future projects and a great problem to the maintenance activity," Abdul Hakim el-Shwehdi, managing director of Libya's state al-Nahr company which runs the country's giant irrigation project, told reporters in Tripoli.
(Reporting by Missy Ryan; Writing by Giles Elgoodl editing by Tim Pearce)
- South Korea's Park says conduct of ferry crew tantamount to murder |
- Putin playing the long game over Russian kin in Ukraine
- Japan PM makes offering to Yasukuni Shrine, angers China, South Korea |
- Ukraine peace deal falters as rebels show no sign of surrender |
- UAW union withdraws objection to lost election at VW Tennessee plant