Libya says six killed in airstrike near Brega
TRIPOLI (Reuters) - A Libyan official said six guards were killed in an airstrike on Friday on a pipeline production plant just south of Brega in eastern Libya.
"This will be a major setback to future projects and a great problem to the maintenance activity," Abdul Hakim el-Shwehdi, managing director of Libya's state al-Nahr company which runs the country's giant irrigation project, told reporters in Tripoli.
(Reporting by Missy Ryan; Writing by Giles Elgoodl editing by Tim Pearce)
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source