Man arrested after shootings is Norwegian
OSLO (Reuters) - A gunman detained after shootings at a youth meeting on a Norwegian island and a bombing in central Oslo on Friday is Norwegian, Justice Minister Knut Storberget said.
"Our information is that he is Norwegian," he told a news conference. "I don't know so much about him."
He said that seven people were killed in a bombing in central Oslo and 10 injured. Several people were killed and others wounded in a shooting at a youth camp northwest of Oslo of the ruling Labour Party, he added.
(Reporting by Oslo newsroom' editing by Tim Pearce)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on
- Billy Joel, Shirley MacLaine feted at Kennedy Center Honors
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video