Man arrested after shootings is Norwegian
OSLO (Reuters) - A gunman detained after shootings at a youth meeting on a Norwegian island and a bombing in central Oslo on Friday is Norwegian, Justice Minister Knut Storberget said.
"Our information is that he is Norwegian," he told a news conference. "I don't know so much about him."
He said that seven people were killed in a bombing in central Oslo and 10 injured. Several people were killed and others wounded in a shooting at a youth camp northwest of Oslo of the ruling Labour Party, he added.
(Reporting by Oslo newsroom' editing by Tim Pearce)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Lost passenger jet was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data