Witness says saw 20 dead at Norway youth camp
OSLO (Reuters) - A witness said he saw at least 20 bodies after a shooting at a youth camp of the Norwegian Labour party on Friday. Police declined comment on the toll and there was no independent confirmation.
"I've seen it with my own eyes, at least 20 dead people lying in the water," Andre Skeie, 26, told Reuters by telephone. He said he had gone to the island of Utoeya on his boat to help people evacuate the island after a gunman opened fire there.
Police declined comment on the number of casualties at the youth camp at Utoeya, northwest of Oslo.
(Reporting by Johan Ahlander, writing by Alister Doyle, editing by Tim Pearce)
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Dollar soars to six-year peak on yen after Fed, Tokyo stocks cheer
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21: report
- Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading
- UPDATE 4-Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading