YouTube video apparently shows Norway killer with gun
OSLO (Reuters) - A video on the YouTube website promoting a fight against Islam apparently shows pictures of the man suspected of a gun and bomb attack in Norway, wearing a wetsuit and pointing an automatic weapon.
The pictures appear at the end of an approximately 12-minute video called "Knights Templar 2083." The video was posted here
The pictures in the video also appeared on the now closed Facebook page of Anders Behring Breivik, detained after 85 people were gunned down at a youth camp and another 7 killed in a bomb attack on Friday.
A Norwegian discussion website, www.freak.no, also had a link to a 1,500-page book called "2083 - A European Declaration of Independence."
It was not possible to verify who uploaded the video, which was posted on July 22 by an Andrew Berwick.
The 2083 book is also signed by an Andrew Berwick. The author says within the document that Andrew Berwick is an Anglicised version of Anders Breivik.
(Reporting by Patrick Lannin and Johan Ahlander; Editing by Sophie Hares)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls
Time magazine named Pope Francis as its Person of the Year, crediting him with shifting the message of the Catholic Church. Slideshow