Boehner says will attend White House debt meeting
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - House Speaker John Boehner on Friday said he would attend the White House meeting on the debt ceiling on Saturday.
The Republican said he was confident Republican and Democratic leaders could get serious about raising the debt ceiling and addressing deficit issues. "I'm confident that Congress can act next week," he told reporters.
- Co-pilot spoke last words heard from missing Malaysian plane |
- U.S., EU impose sanctions after Crimea moves to join Russia |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- China rejects North Korean crimes report, hits chance of prosecution
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data