Boehner says will attend White House debt meeting
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - House Speaker John Boehner on Friday said he would attend the White House meeting on the debt ceiling on Saturday.
The Republican said he was confident Republican and Democratic leaders could get serious about raising the debt ceiling and addressing deficit issues. "I'm confident that Congress can act next week," he told reporters.
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby |
- NOAA employee charged with stealing U.S. dam information
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- Special Report: Traffickers use abductions, prison ships to feed Asian slave trade
- Canada probes Michael Zehaf-Bibeau as possible suspect in Ottawa shooting: source