Factbox: Excerpts from 1,500-page Norway killer manifesto
OSLO (Reuters) - A 1,500-page manifesto published on the Internet by Anders Behring Breivik, the Norwegian arrested for the killing of at least 93 people, sets out his reasons for Friday's bomb and gun attacks.
Police confirmed that Breivik published the English language document Friday only hours before the killings. Here are some excerpts from the document entitled "2083 - A European Declaration of Independence":
* "As we all know, the root of Europe's problems is the lack of cultural self-confidence (nationalism). Most people are still terrified of nationalistic political doctrines thinking that if we ever embrace these principles again, new "Hitler's" will suddenly pop up and initiate global Armageddon ... This irrational fear of nationalistic doctrines is preventing us from stopping our own national/cultural suicide as the Islamic colonization is increasing annually ... You cannot defeat Islamization or halt/reverse the Islamic colonization of Western Europe without first removing the political doctrines manifested through multiculturalism/cultural Marxism."
* "I don't hate Muslims at all. I acknowledge that there are magnificent Muslim individuals in Europe. In fact, I have had several Muslim friends over the years, some of which I still respect. This does not mean however that I will accept an Islamic presence in Europe. Muslim individuals who do not assimilate 100% within 2020 will be deported as soon as we manage to seize power."
* "Although I do admit that I am disgusted by the current development, I would rather say I'm driven by my love for Europe, European culture and all Europeans. This does not mean that I oppose diversity. But appreciating diversity does not mean that you support genocide of your own culture and people."
* "For me, personally, it was my government's involvement in the attacks on Serbia."
* "It was completely unacceptable how the U.S. and Western European regimes bombed our Serbian brothers. All they (the Serbs) wanted was to drive out Islam by deporting the Albanian Muslims back to Albania."
* "I've spent a total of 9 years of my life working on this project."
* Around year 2000 I realized that the democratic struggle against the Islamisation of Europe, European multiculturalism was lost. It had gone too far ... 40 years of dialogue with the cultural Marxists/multiculturalists had ended up as a disaster. It would now only take 50-70 years before we, the Europeans are in a minority. As soon as I realized this I decided to explore alternative forms of opposition. Protesting is saying that you disagree. Resistance is saying you will put a stop to this. I decided I wanted to join the resistance movement.
* I came in contact with Serbian cultural conservatives through the internet. This initial contact would eventually result in my contact with several key individuals all over Europe and the forming of the group who would later establish the military order and tribunal ... Knights Templar."
* There have been several issues that have reaffirmed my beliefs since then. Among them; my governments cowardly handling of the Muhammad Cartoon issue and their decision to award the Nobel peace prize to an Islamic terrorist (Arafat) and appeasers of Islam. There have been tens of other issues."
* "If you are unwilling or incapable of killing women due to the principles of chivalry you should probably steer away completely from the armed resistance movements and should probably consider creating yet another right wing blog instead."
* "Once you decide to strike, it is better to kill too many than not enough, or you risk reducing the desired ideological impact of the strike. Explain what you have done (in an announcement distributed prior to operation) and make certain that everyone understands that we, the free peoples of Europe, are going to strike again and again."
* "Do not apologies, make excuses or express regret for you are acting in self-defense or in a preemptive manner ... Some innocent will die in our operations as they are simply at the wrong place at the wrong time. Get used (to) the idea. The needs of the many will always surpass the needs of the few.
* "If you for some reason survive the operation you will be apprehended and arrested. This is the point where most heroic Knights would call it a day. However, this is not the case for a Justiciar Knight. Your arrest will mark the initiation of the propaganda phase." (Compiled by Aasa Christine Stoltz and Jon Hemming; editing by David Stamp)