Reid: US Republican debt-limit plan a nonstarter
WASHINGTON, July 24
WASHINGTON, July 24 (Reuters) - House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner's plan to raise the U.S. debt limit to cover a few months of borrowing activity is a "nonstarter," Senate Democratic Leader Harry Reid said on Sunday.
"Speaker Boehner's plan, no matter how he tries to dress it up, is simply a short-term plan, and is therefore a non-starter in the Senate and with the president," Reid said in a prepared statement.
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Driver in fatal New York train crash 'zoned out': union
- Biden calls for trust with China amid airspace dispute |
- EU Commission fines banks $2.3 billion for benchmark rigging
- HTC 'One Mini' faces UK ban after court ruling on patent infringement