Cable Ratings: 'Curb' Up 24 Percent; 'True Blood' Hits Season High
"Curb Your Enthusiasm" scored a ratings surge even Larry David would have trouble complaining about.
The series, which enjoyed a seven-year high for its July 12 season premiere and climbed an additional 17 percent the following week, jumped another 24 percent for Sunday's episode, HBO said Tuesday.
Also read: "Curb Your Enthusiasm" Writer David Mandel on Season 8, "Fletch" and Man Hands
Sunday's episode grabbed an accumulated 2.9 million viewers between its two airings, with the 10 p.m. broadcast scooping up 2.4 million viewers, and a midnight re-airing taking in an additional 554,000 viewers.
Meanwhile, the cable outlet's flesh-friendly vampire drama "True Blood" experienced a high for its fourth season, which premiered June 26, with 6.6 million total viewers tuning in between the episode's 9 p.m. airing (which grabbed 5.3 million total viewers) and its 11 p.m. re-broadcast (which scooped up an additional 1.3 million viewers).
Last Sunday's episode garnered a total of 6.2 million total viewers.Related Articles: Ratings: 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Season 8 Premieres to 7-Year High Cable Ratings: 'The Closer' Grabs 6.5M Viewers; 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Grows
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- Scots vote in independence referendum to seal the United Kingdom's fate |
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Dollar hits six-year peak versus yen, ECB loan demand disappoints
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21: report