Cable Ratings: 'Curb' Up 24 Percent; 'True Blood' Hits Season High
"Curb Your Enthusiasm" scored a ratings surge even Larry David would have trouble complaining about.
The series, which enjoyed a seven-year high for its July 12 season premiere and climbed an additional 17 percent the following week, jumped another 24 percent for Sunday's episode, HBO said Tuesday.
Also read: "Curb Your Enthusiasm" Writer David Mandel on Season 8, "Fletch" and Man Hands
Sunday's episode grabbed an accumulated 2.9 million viewers between its two airings, with the 10 p.m. broadcast scooping up 2.4 million viewers, and a midnight re-airing taking in an additional 554,000 viewers.
Meanwhile, the cable outlet's flesh-friendly vampire drama "True Blood" experienced a high for its fourth season, which premiered June 26, with 6.6 million total viewers tuning in between the episode's 9 p.m. airing (which grabbed 5.3 million total viewers) and its 11 p.m. re-broadcast (which scooped up an additional 1.3 million viewers).
Last Sunday's episode garnered a total of 6.2 million total viewers.Related Articles: Ratings: 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Season 8 Premieres to 7-Year High Cable Ratings: 'The Closer' Grabs 6.5M Viewers; 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' Grows
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media
- Fresh confrontations raise tempers on ground in Crimea |