UPDATE 1-Boston Scientific to invest $150 mln in China, hire more
* Boston Scientific to hire 1,000 more in China in next 5 yrs
* Expects investments to result in revenue above $500 mln by 2016 (Follows alerts)
July 27 (Reuters) - Boston Scientific Corp said it will invest $150 million in the next five years to build manufacturing and training facilities in China and hire 1,000 more people in 5 years.
Boston Scientific expects these investments to result in revenue of more than $500 million by 2016.
The company estimates that its target market in China currently exceeds $1 billion and is growing about 20 percent annually. (Reporting by Anand Basu in Bangalore; Editing by Gopakumar Warrier)
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |