UPDATE 2-Homex says open to partnerships in Brazil
* Could team with partners in Brazil for growth
* Shares rise strongly on Q2 results (Rewrites to start with Brazil market, adds details)
MEXICO CITY, July 27 (Reuters) - Mexican homebuilder Homex HXM.N (HOMEX.MX) said on Wednesday it is open to partnerships in Brazil to boost growth in Latin America's top economy, as its shares rose strongly on the back of solid second-quarter results.
Homex shares rose 4.31 percent to 48.35 pesos after the company said on Tuesday that its net profit in the April-June period rose 9.7 percent, driven by stronger sales and higher prices. [ID:nN1E76P1TQ].
The company has operations across Mexico -- from entry-level homes to vacation residences targeted to mostly foreign buyers in Loreto, Baja California -- and in two Brazilian cities. (Reporting by Cyntia Barrera Diaz, editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- In town halls, U.S. lawmakers hear voter anger over illegal migrants |
- IBM launches Watson system for research, hopes for breakthroughs
- U.N. says 43 Golan peacekeepers seized by Syria militants, 81 trapped