UPDATE 2-Homex says open to partnerships in Brazil
* Could team with partners in Brazil for growth
* Shares rise strongly on Q2 results (Rewrites to start with Brazil market, adds details)
MEXICO CITY, July 27 (Reuters) - Mexican homebuilder Homex (HXM.N) (HOMEX.MX) said on Wednesday it is open to partnerships in Brazil to boost growth in Latin America's top economy, as its shares rose strongly on the back of solid second-quarter results.
Homex shares rose 4.31 percent to 48.35 pesos after the company said on Tuesday that its net profit in the April-June period rose 9.7 percent, driven by stronger sales and higher prices. [ID:nN1E76P1TQ].
The company has operations across Mexico -- from entry-level homes to vacation residences targeted to mostly foreign buyers in Loreto, Baja California -- and in two Brazilian cities. (Reporting by Cyntia Barrera Diaz, editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |