UPDATE 2-Homex says open to partnerships in Brazil
* Could team with partners in Brazil for growth
* Shares rise strongly on Q2 results (Rewrites to start with Brazil market, adds details)
MEXICO CITY, July 27 (Reuters) - Mexican homebuilder Homex (HXM.N) (HOMEX.MX) said on Wednesday it is open to partnerships in Brazil to boost growth in Latin America's top economy, as its shares rose strongly on the back of solid second-quarter results.
Homex shares rose 4.31 percent to 48.35 pesos after the company said on Tuesday that its net profit in the April-June period rose 9.7 percent, driven by stronger sales and higher prices. [ID:nN1E76P1TQ].
The company has operations across Mexico -- from entry-level homes to vacation residences targeted to mostly foreign buyers in Loreto, Baja California -- and in two Brazilian cities. (Reporting by Cyntia Barrera Diaz, editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- All eyes on Thai military as protest leader calls for meeting to pick sides
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Pro-sanctions U.S. lawmakers will introduce new Iran bill soon