Norway police say "suspicious" bag harmless
OSLO (Reuters) - Norwegian police said an abandoned suitcase they removed from a bus using a robot at Oslo's central station posed no danger.
"Nothing was found that was of interest to the police," Police chief superintendent Tore Barstad told reporters on Wednesday.
He also said the suitcase search likely had nothing to do with the bombing and shooting on Friday that took 76 lives.
"As far as we know there is no connection," said Barstad.
(Reporting by Oslo newsroom)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |