Toys R Us to carry Kindle
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Toys R Us, the world's largest toy retailer, said its U.S. stores will carry Amazon.com's Kindle electronic reader and related accessories starting July 31.
The news came as more retailers attempt to grab a bite of growing e-reader sales.
Earlier on Wednesday, office supplies retailer OfficeMax Inc said it will sell Barnes & Noble Inc's Nook e-readers at the end of this month.
Toys R Us plans to give a free $10 Toys R Us gift card to shoppers buying the popular e-reader at its stores from July 31 through August 6, while supplies last, the company said on Wednesday.
Toys R Us will carry models including Kindle Wi-Fi in graphite, Kindle 3G + Wi-Fi in graphite and Kindle Wi-Fi with Special Offers. The accessories will range from leather covers to power adapters.
(Reporting by Dhanya Skariachan; Editing by Derek Caney)
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East
A federal judge struck down Utah's ban on same-sex marriage as unconstitutional, handing a major victory to gay rights activists in a conservative state Slideshow