House delays vote on Boehner debt plan
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The House of Representatives on Tuesday postponed an expected Wednesday vote on a Republican plan to raise the debt ceiling after budget experts said it would not deliver the spending cuts it claimed.
The House will delay action until Thursday as staffers rewrite the plan, House Republican Leader Eric Cantor's office said.
(Corrects word in first paragraph to "deliver" from "delay")
- First Ebola case diagnosed in the United States: CDC |
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm
- Hong Kong democracy protesters and officials mark uneasy National Day |
- U.S. orders airlines to replace cockpit displays on 1,300 Boeing airplanes
- Japan volcano death toll likely to rise to around 46 as more victims found