House delays vote on Boehner debt plan
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The House of Representatives on Tuesday postponed an expected Wednesday vote on a Republican plan to raise the debt ceiling after budget experts said it would not deliver the spending cuts it claimed.
The House will delay action until Thursday as staffers rewrite the plan, House Republican Leader Eric Cantor's office said.
(Reporting by Andy Sullivan; Editing by Sandra Maler)
(Corrects word in first paragraph to "deliver" from "delay")
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia
Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography. See more