House delays vote on Boehner debt plan
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The House of Representatives on Tuesday postponed an expected Wednesday vote on a Republican plan to raise the debt ceiling after budget experts said it would not deliver the spending cuts it claimed.
The House will delay action until Thursday as staffers rewrite the plan, House Republican Leader Eric Cantor's office said.
(Corrects word in first paragraph to "deliver" from "delay")
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Libya threatens to bomb North Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port