House delays vote on Boehner debt plan
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The House of Representatives on Tuesday postponed an expected Wednesday vote on a Republican plan to raise the debt ceiling after budget experts said it would not deliver the spending cuts it claimed.
The House will delay action until Thursday as staffers rewrite the plan, House Republican Leader Eric Cantor's office said.
(Corrects word in first paragraph to "deliver" from "delay")
- U.S., Arab partners launch first strikes on IS in Syria |
- Qatar adamant it will host 2022 World Cup despite doubts
- Argentina's Fernandez to meet billionaire investor Soros in New York
- Ebola could strike 20,000 in six weeks, 'rumble on for years': study
- More Americans than ever have never married: survey