H&M links up with Beckham on new underwear range
STOCKHOLM, July 28
STOCKHOLM, July 28 (Reuters) - Budget fashion chain Hennes & Mauritz (HMb.ST) is to partner with soccer star David Beckham to sell his new range of underwear, the Swedish group said on Thursday.
H&M, the world's number two clothes retailer, has often linked itself with famous names to attract customers, including Madonna and Stella McCartney. The partnership with Beckham will be a long-term alliance, the group said.
"It marks the beginning of a significant relationship between H&M and David Beckham, with new Bodywear products being launched seasonally," it said in a statement. A spokeswoman said the cooperation would initially last two years.
The initial range will be launched to coincide with Valentine's Day 2012 from February 2.
Beckham said in the statement that choosing H&M to retail the new underwear was the final piece in a jigsaw of developing the range. "In H&M we have found the perfect partner to collaborate with going forward," he added.
Beckham is launching the range with his long-term business partner Simon Fuller, creator of the popular "American Idol" television talent competition. (Reporting by Patrick Lannin)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions