Italy state fund cautious on Edison stake
ROME, July 28
ROME, July 28 (Reuters) - Legal checks would be needed into potential antitrust problems before a new Italian sovereign fund could take a stake in Italian power producer Edison EDN.MI, the chairman of Italy state holding CDP said on Thursday.
Italy is creating an ad hoc sovereign fund to invest in strategic companies to help protect and develop key industry sectors.
The fund is partly backed by Rome's Cassa Depositi e Presititi (CDP), a state holding that manages 235 billion euros ($331.9 billion) in savings, and would be open to private investors. (Reporting by James Mackenzie)
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report